Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Grace is finally here!


Ok so a lot has happened since my last post. First and most importantly, our sweet baby girl finally came into the world! She was 6 pounds 9 ounces and 18 inches long. Here is the story behind it. When we went in to our 34 week appointment the doctors did an ultrasound because they were feeling here head up under my ribs. It turns out that she was and for three weeks I did everything I could to try and make her turn. At my 36 week appointment the doctors gave us the option to try and turn here so for a week we tossed around the idea. At the 37 week appointment they did an ultrasound and we found out the reason she had not turned yet. I had low amniotic fluid and the cord was in a difficult position. So the doctor made the decision for us and said that a c-section was what we would have to do. They usually do c-sections at 39 weeks but when we came back in for the second stress test they scheduled me for Wednesday the 11th of August at 7:30 in the morning, her 38 week mark. So we went in around five thirty so they could prep me for surgery and at 7:51 am Grace was born. It was a so real experience for both Ben and I. She came out sucking her thumb and after waiting in recovery for 35 long minutes they finally brought her to me. She was an excellent nurser right from the get go and I haven't had one problem with it. After the spinal block wore off around eight that night, the nurse came in to get me to stand up. After two days I was finally walking like a grandma. We took her home Friday and we have been soaking up ever moment of parenthood.

2 comments:

  1. We are so happy for you all! What a sweet little girl. Get lots and lots of rest (I'm sure you hear it all the time) and spoil her bunches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to talk to you guys on Sunday and to see Grace in a more real setting. She is so cute, and I am so sad I can't hold and love on her like a good Aunt should. We miss you guys, but are glad things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete